10/08/2008

Working with other developers on Google Code

This time I will experiment how to work with other developer using Google Code. Since I joined my partner's project stack-klau4, I checked out from https://stack-klau4.googlecode.com/svn/trunk.

After I checked out, I did verify as usual and it passed as I expect. Since there didn't exist any problem, I improved javadoc and committed.

The very important step is to do SVN Update right before I commit, so that if multiple developers made a change to the code it can be merged. Also I need to do verify and it must pass.

TortoiseSVN is a very useful tool that tells me if I made some change to the code. Its interface such as SVN Update or Commit is also easy to understand. It can be invoked from command line and there are more features that I need to explore. I haven't tried other SVN clients but I recommend TortoiseSVN.

With such useful tool, now I got how to work with other developers.

No comments: